February 4, 2009

Rough day

Last Thursday I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Ken and I were not expecting to be pregnant right now. We were quite shocked. Anyway, I was exercising this morning and felt leakage. I went to the bathroom and found a lot of blood. I went straight to the doctor and confirmed that I was having a miscarriage. I had a blood test and then I have to go to a clinic on Saturday for more blood work. If my hormone levels have not gone down then I will have to have a DNC. But I think, with the amount of blood and clotting I have had, that won’t be an issue.

Right now I am very tired. I feel like I have the flu. I feel bloated and crampy. But other than that, I am fine, we are both fine. We hadn’t quit gotten used to the idea of me being pregnant plus I honestly knew something else was coming. I told Ken over the weekend that I felt like being pregnant wasn’t the last surprise. I felt like we were either going to have twins, the baby was going to have some sort of disability or it wasn’t going to go full term. I guess the latter was correct.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!
    Kelli told me something was up and asked me to pray for you. I have been praying all day. If you need anything please call. Know that God is holding you close and knows what lies ahead. He has a plan, he just does not clue us in very often.
    I hope you are able to come to dinner tomorrow night, after all you suggested Stubricks.
    I love you my friend.

    Michelle Molendyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this. Please keep me posted on how you're doing. You know that I'll be thinking about you.

    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel,

    Sorry to hear about the miscarriage if in fact this is what it is. I'm not sure what to say but I think you have your mind and heart in the right place. Things happen for a reason. I had my miscarriage but was only about a month along. I don't know how far along you are but I hope you don't have to go through a DNC. We will have you in our prayers.

    Love you! Take it easy. :)

    Tonna Martinez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's what happened when I miscarried right before Everett! Hope you feel better, I'm sorry that you miscarried--it looks as though you had some insight beforehand. Have fun with the girls tomorrow, I'll c-ya Wednesday.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony and I are sorry to hear about your roller coaster ride this past week. I am soooo sorry! We will pray for a quick recovery for you. It's amazing how you just had "that feeling."

    As for us, I came down with bronchitis on Monday night/Tuesday, and Antonio got an ear infection on Sunday.. So we are recovering and Tony is having to do everything because he doesn't want me passing my germs onto Antonio. Ihave been home the last 2 days and my fever still isn't gone/... Thank God for daycare,. so at least I am resting during the day.

    Hope to talk to you soon, take care
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...you had quite the day. I'm glad you are feeling ok despite everything you have going on. Let me know if you need anything. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Take care. Miss you, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweetie...I am so sorry. I know that even early on it isn't an easy thing, besides, you feel physically miserable!

    I really feel for you. Lots of love.

    Tinka

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry I'm not quite sure what to say. AND I do not want to say the wrong things, like what other people said to me these past years.

    So I will keep it simple ---- I hope you feel better soon. If you need anything please don't hesitate to let me know.

    Love

    ----
    Pui

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry to hear about your news. I am certain you guys will be ok. It just wasn't meant to be...

    Aide and family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! If there is anything I can do let me know!! I believe that God has a bigger plan for everything and everyone. And this was not the time for that baby to be here. When the time is right you guys will get pregnant again and have a healthy baby!! I love you and if you need anything let me know ok!!

    Love Ya

    Amber Carbajal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel, I am so sorry to hear about all you've been through. I will be praying for you guys.
    Shelly Holm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I’m sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can start feeling better soon. If you need anything let me know, I can come out your way if necessary.
    Probably see you on Sunday.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete