August 11, 2009

Potty Time

Cooper decided last night that he was ready to use the potty. For about a month now I hvae been letting him run around the house naked. When he has to pee he runs outside and pees in the backyard. I always try to get him to go in the potty but he always tells me "I no like it!" and runs away. Last night I had his potty outside and he decided to use it finally. He faces the toilet like he is going to stand up and pee but then he kind of squats over it. It looks terribly awkward but he gets most of the pee in the bowl so who am I to judge. Instead of putting him in underware I just put shorts on him. He seems to get this better. i think he might have been getting confussed between the diaper and thinking the underware would absorb the pee. Anyway, he peed in the toilet 4 times last night. I thought I would try again this morning. He didn't seem interested. He peed on the footstool, the couch and the floor. I finally took his shorts off and left his shirt on. He proceeded to use the toilet 7 times in a row with no accidents. Most of the time he didn't even tell me he just went. I finally put his shorts back on and he asked for help taking them off when he thought he had to go. I am so proud of him. For nap I was going to put him in training pants but he said "no, I want a diaper" so I went ahead and put him in one. This seems like a really good start to him training himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment